This apple crisp is our go to recipe for pot lucks or big family gatherings. Equal amounts of sweet and spice with a delicious crumbly top!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 1.8 liter casserole dish or an 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the apples, brown sugar, sugar, flour, melted butter, milk, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Stir until well combined and coated.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until small pea-sized clumps form.
5. Evenly spread the apple mixture into the casserole dish.
6. Sprinkle the topping over the apples. Try to cover all apples with the topping. Press down with fingers to set.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.