Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
Great for a bake sale or just an afternoon treat. This recipe will come in handy for any occasion!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl add the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until incorporated.
3. In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer…beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well mixed.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth.
Add half of the flour mixture to the wet mixture and beat until just combined.
Add remaining flour mixture and beat until just combined.
6. Add the rolled oats and mix by hand.
7. Spread ½ of the mixture into the prepared baking pan. It will be sticky.
8. Pour milk chocolate chips on top of mixture.
9. Carefully press remaining cookie mixture on top of chocolate.
10. Bake in the preheated oven 25-30 minutes.
11. Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting. Let cool in refrigerator or freezer for best results.
12. Cut bars into pieces using a serrated knife. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.