Cream Cheese Mints
These are my Grandma Snyder's cream cheese mints. A fun family activity that is perfect for any event.
1. Add cream cheese to bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, blend until creamy.
2. Add peppermint extract and continue to mix.
3. Add powdered sugar a few spoonfuls at a time mixing in between.
4. After all the powdered sugar is mixed in, scrape the edges and split the dough equally between the colors you choose.
5. Add gel food coloring of your choice and knead the dough using kitchen safe gloves.
6. Cover dough and put in refrigerator for 30 min until firm.
7. Generously roll small dough balls in sugar. Also, cover the mint mold in sugar to reduce sticking.
8. Press into molds and pop out immediately.
9. Store in covered container in refrigerator.