Gingerbread Cake Pops
You can't have a holiday party without the Gingerbread! The delicious, spicy and sweet flavor of Gingerbread in bite sized portions on a stick! What could be better?
For the gingerbread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-in circle pan with baking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, molasses, and boiling water until all sugar is dissolved.
4. Let mixture cool for a minute and whisk in egg.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes. Let cake cool completely before next steps.
For the Cream Cheese Icing
1. In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy.
2. With mixer on low, slowly add the powdered sugar until all is combined.
3. Add the milk and vanilla and combine.
4. Mix at med-high speed for 1 minute.
For the cake pops
1. In a large bowl, crumble the cooled cake by hand until you have fine crumbs.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment and using the small ice cream scoop, measure out level scoops. Roll each scoop into a ball and place on the lined baking sheet. Chill the balls for 2 hours in the refrigerator or freeze 20 minutes.
2. Add the icing and knead into cake crumbs with hands or in the mixer on low speed. Mix until it has the consistency of wet sand or play-doh.
4. Allow balls to sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before dipping.
Melt the white coating according to the package instructions and thin with oil if necessary. Dip the end of each lollipop stick into the coating, then stick in each ball and allow to harden before dipping.
5. Dip each ball and tap off extra coating. Swirl the pop against the edge to smooth.
7. Place in Styrofoam block or cardboard box with holes to harden.
6. Add sprinkles.