Delicious and easy Mardi Gras King Cake Recipe!
1. Whisk the wet ingredients together in your stand mixer until combined. With a wooden spoon, stir in the flour, granulated sugar, yeast and salt until just combined and sticky. Attach the dough hook and mix on medium-low speed for 10 minutes.
2. Put the dough in to a greased bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let rise at room temperature until doubled in size for about 2 hours.
3. Combine the ingredients for the filling in a bowl and set aside. Roll out the dough into an 18 by 14-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
4. Spray lightly with water and spread the filling out evenly on the dough.
5. Roll the dough into a log and pinch the ends. Turn the dough seam side up and place gently in bundt cake pan. Loosely cover in plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
6. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees rotating halfway through. Take cake out of the oven. After 10 minutes transfer to a wire rack, seam side down, and let cool completely, about 2 hours.
7. Whisk the powdered sugar, corn syrup and vanilla while slowly incorporating the milk. Mixture should be thick and gooey.
8. Pour over the top of the cooled cake. Sprinkle sugars on alternating bands of color. Serve at room temperature.