These cute little ombre cakes are easy to make and such a delicious treat!
1. In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in vanilla.
2. Use a fork to combine the eggs and milk together in a bowl.
3. In another mixing bowl stir together cake flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix in until just combined. Add in half of the milk mixture and combine.
5. Continue this until all is combined. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom to make sure everything is mixed in.
6. Divide batter in 3 bowl and use food coloring of your choice.
7. Pour mixtures in the three prepared pans. Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Place butter in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
Add cream cheese and blend until fully combined and smooth, about 30 seconds.
2. Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar and blend on low speed until combined. Increase to medium speed and beat until it begins to get fluffy.
3. Slowly add the heavy cream, a little bit at a time until desired consistency is met. Beat until fluffy, about 1 minute.
Making the mini-cakes
Use a round cookie cutter to cut circles of cake from each layer.
Layer cakes as desired, piping a swirl of frosting between each layer. Frost the tops of the cakes and add sprinkles as desired.