Mini-Pecan Pies With Shortbread Crust
This classic holiday dessert is made better and easier with this delicious shortbread crust!
For the crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease your 4 -6oz quiche ramekins with baking spray or a combination of butter and flour.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar and powdered sugar.
3. Add melted butter and mix with a fork or your hands until all dry ingredients are part of a dough ball.
4. Cover and put in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
5. Divide dough into 4 pieces and press dough onto bottom & up the sides of your 6 oz quiche ramekins.
6. Trim crust overhang and use a fork to make holes in the crust. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes. The crust will still be soft, but will go back in the oven with the pecan filling.
For the pie:
1. In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, syrup, sugar, vanilla and salt.
2. Add the melted butter and mix until smooth.
3. Pour filing into the ramekins being careful not to overfill.
4. Divide the pecans evenly among the pies, sprinkling them over the filling.
5. Place on the ramekins back on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes; then reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, and cool the mini pies completely in the pan before removing them and serving. Use a sharp knife around the edges to remove the pies from the ramekins if desired.