Santa Beard Cookie Patter
Impress your friends and family this holiday by making an easy and fun masterpiece of cookie art!
1. Make the sugar cookie dough, royal icing and gather all of you cookie cutters. *recipe on our website
2. Roll out dough and cut out 1- 4” square cookie, 2- 2 3/4” square, 1- 2” circle, 1- 1 1/2” circle, 1 mustache, 1 rectangle (5 1/2” x 1 1/2”), 8 large stars, 12 medium star and 12 small stars.
3. Take the 4” square cookie and cut off one of the corners. This cookie will be the hat.
4. Bake cookies and prepare royal icing colors. You will need outline and flood icing of the White, Red and Ivory. Also, Black outline icing.
5. Outline and flood the 2- smaller squares and the smaller circle with Ivory. Outline and flood the bigger circle, the rectangle, the mustache and all of the stars with White.
7. When cookies are completely dry…add the eyes with the Black outline icing. Using a paint brush and Rose pearl dust, gently add the rose to his cheeks and nose.
6. Outline and flood the top half of the hat cooke Red and the bottom section White. Let all cookies completely dry before decorating. Either overnight or for a couple hours using a fan.
8. Use the White outline icing to make snowy design on the rectangle and the large circle. Sprinkle white nonpereils on the designs and shake off the excess.
9. Use the White outline icing to make the mustache lines. Let all cookies dry completely before constructing the Santa.
10. To construct the Santa, start with the hat and the two cheeks. Place a small star on the top…this will hold the hats pom-pom.
11. Add the nose, the pom-pom, and the brim of the hat.
13. Add the mustache and fill in the beard with the remaining stars.
12. Add the large stars to create the outline of the beard.