Sea Salt Caramel Brownies
Delicious and decadent! These brownies are the perfect mix of sweet and salty.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.
3. In another large bowl, beat together the sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs and milk.
4. Add the dry ingredients until blended.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Spoon two thirds of the batter into the greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 12 minutes.
7. Melt caramels and sweetened condensed milk over medium low heat in a saucepan stirring constantly until all caramel is melted.
8. Take brownies out of the oven and gently pour the melted caramel over the warm brownie layer. Sprinkle coarse sea salt on top.
9. Drop remaining brownie batter over the top of the caramel and carefully swirl the top with a knife avoiding the sides.
10. Bake for an additional 30-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not overbake.
11. Allow the brownies to completely cool before cutting. Let cool in refrigerator or freezer for best results.
12. Garnish the brownies
lightly with additional sea salt.