Delicate and beautiful...these apple roses are perfect when you need an impressive dessert that is easy to make.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Thaw the puff pastry at room temperature about 30 minutes..
2. Core the apples with an apple corer or with a sharp paring knife. Cut the apples in paper-thin slices.
3. In a medium bowl add apple slices, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until all apple slices are coated nicely.
4. Place apple slices in a single layer on a microwave safe plate and microwave for 1 minute. While apples are still hot…cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
5. On a clean and lightly floured surface…roll puff pastry into a 12” x 9” rectangular shape.
6. Cut pastry into thirds making three 12” x 3” pieces.
7. Spread melted butter over the pieces and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
9. Fold bottom half of dough over the apple slices leaving the apple skins exposed.
11. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
13. Place apple roses into 3 greased 4oz ramekins. (you can also use a deep muffin tin)
15. Remove pastry from ramekin using a paring knife to cut around the edges for easy removal.
8. Place apple slices along long edge of dough overlapping slices. Make sure the skin side of the slices sticks out about ½ an inch.
10. Use an egg wash to paint the folded dough.
12. Starting at the end carefully roll the dough into a loose roll keeping the apple slices in place. Seal the edge at the end.
14. Bake for 40-45 minutes until well browned.
16. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.