Homemade caramel corn with my Mom’s easy recipe. Perfect for weekend get togethers!
1. Melt the butter in a lidded saucepan over medium heat. Mix in the brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla until the sugar is completely moistened.
2. Increase the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, cover the saucepan for 1 minute.
3. Boil for an additional 3-4 minutes. Do not stir.
4. Take pan off the heat, and add the baking soda and cream of tartar to the sugar mixture and stir until combined. The sugar mixture will bubble up violently. Continue stirring until the color changes from a dark brown to a light golden brown.
5. Slowly pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn while stirring the popcorn. Continue stirring until all of the kernels are coated.
6. Bake the caramel popcorn. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes and breaking up any clumps.
7. Let the popcorn cool completely on the roasting pans. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.