Sour Cream Coffee Cake Mini-Loaves
A family favorite recipe made into portable mini-loaves. Topped with lots of brown sugar and cinnamon...these golden loaves are perfect for mornings on the go!
For the loaves:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 count mini-loaf pan.
2. Prepare the topping. In a medium bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
3. Mix with pastry cutter or fork until well combined and butter is the size of small peas. Set aside.
4. In another medium bowl, add flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until incorporated. Set aside.
5. Add softened butter to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until smooth.
6. Slowly add the sugar and beat until all is combined scraping down the sides when necessary.
7. Add eggs, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy.
8. Add half of the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
9. Stir in the milk and sour cream. Mix until combined.
11. Spoon or pipe half of the mixture into the greased mini-loaf pan filling. Sprinkle half of the filling over the loaves.
13. Bake for 18-20 or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
10. Add remaining flour and mix until all flour is combined.
12. Spoon or pipe remaining mixture spreading evenly over the topping. Finish by sprinkling remaining topping over the loaves.
14. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes before releasing. Let loaves finish cooling on a wire rack.