Lemon Poppyseed Waffles
A sweet and sour breakfast winner! These waffles are good anytime of day!
Preheat waffle iron.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and buttermilk.
3. Add coconut oil, golden syrup, lemon juice and lemon zest. Whisk together.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
5. Gently stir in vanilla and the poppy seeds.
6. Measure a ½ cup of batter and pour onto the hot waffle iron.
7. Close iron top and cook until the waffle is golden on both sides and is easily removed from iron. About 3-4 minutes depending on the waffle maker.