Tangy, sweet and a little sour. These moist lemon loaves are perfect for morning breakfast or as an afternoon treat. Pucker up!
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 8 count mini-loaf pan.
2.Add flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a medium bowl and whisk until incorporated. Set aside.
3. Add softened butter to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until smooth.
4. Slowly add the sugar and beat until all is combined scraping down the sides when necessary.
5. Add eggs, vanilla and lemon zest. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy.
6. Add half of the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
7. Stir in the milk, sour cream and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
8. Add remaining flour and mix until all flour is combined.
9. Spoon or pipe mixture into the greased mini-loaf pan. Filling loaves about 1/3 full.
10. Bake for 18-20 or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
11. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes before releasing. Let loaves finish cooling on a wire rack before decorating. Start making icing.
12. Make royal icing. Mix in lemon juice to flavor.
13. Decorate the loaves generously with royal icing and top with lemon zest if desired.