Pumpkin Spice Donut with Brown Butter Glaze
It’s time for Fall! Enjoy these delicious pumpkin donuts. A perfect treat for this time of year!
For the donuts:
1. . Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease mini-donut pan with baking spray or butter.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl add canola oil, sugar, brown sugar, buttermilk and egg. Whisk until smooth.
4. Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
5. Add half of the dry mixture and mix together. Add remaining dry mix and stir until just mixed.
6. Pour batter into a piping bag and squeeze the batter into the mini-donut forms filling about ¾ of the way to the top.
7. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until the donuts are lightly golden and spring back when touched. Let the donuts cool in the donut pan for about 5 minutes before transferring to cooling racks to cool.
For the glaze:
8. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat about 3 minutes stirring constantly until butter turns golden brown.
10. Whisk in brown sugar, milk, maple syrup and vanilla. Until well combined.
12. Dip donuts face up in the glaze. Using a straw or dowel take donut out and place on a wire rack. The glaze will slowly drip off the donuts as it sets. Repeat with remaining donuts.
9. Remove from heat and transfer into a medium bowl.
11. Slowly whisk in powdered sugar until smooth.
13. Lightly sprinkle on additional pumpkin pie spice. Let stand until glaze is set, about 15 minutes.