The one and only royal icing recipe I use to decorate sugar cookies!
1. Add powdered sugar and meringue powder to mixer bowl and mix for 30 seconds using the paddle attachment. (It's not necessary to sift the sugar beforehand)
2. With the mixer on it's lowest setting slowly add the water/vanilla mixture to the dry ingredients. As the water is added, the icing will become thick and lumpy.
3. Continue to add the remaining water until the mixture reaches
a honey like consistency. Add corn syrup.
4. Turn the mixer to medium speed for 1 minute.
After the first minute, turn mixer to high speed and mix an additional 2 minutes.
5. Immediately remove icing and place in an airtight container.