Sour Lemon Cookies
Sweet and sour lemon cookies are the perfect Summer treat! Pucker up!
1. Cream butter in a large bowl or stand mixer.
2. Slowly add sugar and mix over medium-low speed until incorporated.
3. Add eggs and brown sugar and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Add lemon juice and combine.
5. Add honey and lemon zest and mix for another minute.
6. Add 2 drops of liquid yellow food coloring to enhance yellow color. *optional
In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
8. On low speed, add the dry mixture to the wet mixture one spoonful at a time scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
9. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
10. Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough in to golf ball size balls and roll in sour salt/sugar mixture.
11. Bake cookies for about 10 minutes. Do not over bake.
12. Remove cookies and let cool on baking sheet.