Sunflower Seed Energy Bites
High in protein and full of all the good stuff! These energy bites are GF, vegan and nut-free!
Pre-heat oven to 350F.
Make flax egg by mixing ground flax seeds and hot water together. Stir and set aside.
2. Mix sunflower seeds, Gluten-Free flour, Chia seeds, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl mix the apple sauce, honey, coconut oil and vanilla.
4. Add the flax egg to the wet mixture and stir until everything is incorporated.
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combined. Cool in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
6. Line a tray with parchment paper. Scoop small balls onto baking sheet.
7. Put the bites into the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Turn the heat off but leave the cookies in the oven for an additional 15 more minutes.
8. Roll the bites in coconut sugar and cinnamon. (optional)